Luckily garlic & chilli meatball tomato pasta was on the menu!
Preheat the oven to 175’C.
For the sauce:
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Teaspoon of paprika
- A handful of chopped herbs; oregano, basil
- A dash of lemon juice
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Fry garlic and onions first then add the herbs and the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to the boil and gently simmer for approximately ten minutes.
For the meatballs:
- 600g lean British beef
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 small chopped chillies
- A handful of chopped fresh herbs; Rosemary, Sage, Thyme & Oregano
- One medium egg
- One red onion finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll into golf ball sized balls (should make about 20) and brown off in Lucy Bee (coconut oil).
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs in an over proof dish and place in the oven at 175’C.
- Cook your pasta (I chose gluten-free, wheat-free pasta and used a cupful but this could vary depending on the person) and by the time the pasta is done your meatballs should also be ready to go!
And there we go – enjoy! X