Sundays are for..CAKE!!
For the base:
- 2 cups of nuts – I used 1 cup of almonds and another cup of mixed nuts
- 1/2 oats
- 3/4 cup of pitted dates
- 1 tsp cacao powder
For the toping:
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 of maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 150g of melted 85% dark chocolate
- 8×8 inches cheesecake pan
- Soak the dates in warm water for a few minutes then drain and pat dry.
- Blend dates, nuts, cacao and oats in a food processor until combined into a sticky dough (they will resemble and taste just like Naked Bars!).
- Add to the base of the cheesecake pan and press down into an even, flat layer.
- Set in the freezer to firm.
- For the topping: mix together the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut flour, cacao and vanilla extract until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Place the mixture on top of the base and smooth evenly to cover the case.
- Leave to harden in the freezer for at least 30 minutes but leave for a few hours for better results.
- Take out of the freezer and cover with the chocolate that has been melted in a saucepan as desired. Place back in the freezer to allow the chocolate to set.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving and add the cherries.
This has to be my favourite vegan cake to date – even my family (who normally divulge into sugary desserts) loved it!