Today Nanna Higgs paid us a visit and so we went on a little visit Deal. Nanna Higgs like nothing better than fresh local cherries so this gave us a good opportunity to head over to the local greens grocers!
My auntie Shazza and I saw the broad beans and decided to make a delicious broad bean dip!
- 2lb broad beans in their pods
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Optional: fresh chilli
- Shuck the beans from their pods and boil for 5-10 minutes depending on how soft you want the dip to be.
- Once boiled, drain and run cold water through the beans.
- Peel the skin from the beans – press gently and the bean will pop out.
- Put the beans, fresh garlic, flat leaf parsley and olive oil into the blender and blend to your preferred consistency.
Top tip: remember when buying broad beans the weight you buy you will only probably get half of that in beans.
For lunch we had our broad bean dip with scrambled egg, avocado and rye bread – it was delicious!