So the Christmas countdown is upon us and it’s time to overindulge in all things naughty.. But why not mix it up with some naughty but nice ginger nuts! Throw away those hob nobs and get baking these beauties!
They’re so easy to make and don’t take long at all. All you need is:
- 2.5 cups of ground almonds
- 2.5 tbs of ginger powder
- 3 pinches of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- The zest of one unwaxed lemon
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- Combine the ground almonds, ginger powder, sea salt, baking soda and lemon zest in a bowl or mixer.
- Mix in the date syrup until the mixture has combined – it should be sticky and hold its shape.
- Roll the mixture out to approximately 1/2 cm thick and cut out your biscuits out using cutters. Alternatively take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll a ball between your hands and then press it flat between your hands. Place your biscuits on a baking tray lined with parchment paper leaving plenty of space between them.
- Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes until browned on the edges.
- As they cool they will crisp up nicely.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Good F’Laura X