Eyes on the pies people!!
Christmas may now be over but we still have an excuse to overindulge until the New Year kicks in. I thought it was time to share these delights because I can’t stop eating them! I adapted Deliciously Ella’s healthy mince pie recipe due to the resources I had left in the cupboard and it worked out a treat if I do say so myself!
- 400g of ground almonds
- 20 medjool dates
- 6 tablespoons of water
- Coconut oil for greasing
For the mince;
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 100g raisins
- 100g sultanas
- 70g goji berries
- The juice of 1 orange and 1 sultana
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Start by chopping the apples into small chunks and dry in a little coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir together. Leave to simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Whilst the mince is cooking prepare the crust. Heat the ovens to 180 C and place all the crust ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything has mixed together.
- Sprinkle gluten free flour over a flat surface and roll out the mix until it’s half a cm thick.
- Grease the muffin tins with coconut oil and cut circle bases from the dough. Mould them into the muffin tins and place the tray into the oven for 8 minutes.
- Cut the remaining parts of the mixture into shapes (I chose stars) and add the mince meat to the pie bases and add the shapes on top.
- Bake the pies for a further 8 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- Leave to cool and finish setting and then enjoy!
Add a little coconut ice cream for an extra treat!