Sunday morning only calls for pancakes! I didn’t have any flour this morning so as a replacement I decided to whizz up a few oats in the blender! These pancakes are so good (if I do say so myself) and really easy to make!
- 60g gluten-free oats (blended into oat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons flax seeds
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk (I use lacto free)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Natural yoghurt and honey to serve
- Optional: bananas and blueberries
- Blend the oats in a food processor until they are a flour-like consistency. Add the oat flour, the baking powder and the flax seeds to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- In a seperate bowl whisk the egg and milk together.
- Pour the egg and milk into the oat mixture and whisk together. Add more milk if necessary.
- Melt a little coconut oil in a pan and add small amounts of the mixture to the pan.
- Cook each pancake on a light heat for approximately 2/3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with yoghurt, honey and fruit of your choice.
And voila! Sunday brunch is sorted!