This dish is super easy, super yummy and will use up any leftover veg you have sitting in your fridge! Today I opted for a large lunch because I have training later but this meal works well as a dinner meal too.
- 1 turkey breast
- 1 courgette cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 small mushrooms
- A teaspoon of basil
- A handful of spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of basmati or wild rice
- Coriander to sprinkle
- Tahini to pour over the top
- 1 spring onion
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Melt a teaspoons of coconut oil in a pan and add the turkey. Season with salt and pepper and fry gently.
- When the turkey is cooked add the mushrooms, courgette (chopped into chunks) and the garlic to the pan and then season with the basil. Begin cooking the rice while the vegetables are cooking.
- When the rice is ready drain it from the saucepan and add to the pan of turkey and veg. Mix together and add a few coriander leaves.
- Serve the rice dish in a bowl/plate and add a chopped spring onion for a hint of freshness.
- Slowly pour a tablespoon of tahini over the top of the dish and mix together.
And voila! Enjoy 🙂