These no-bake healthy cookies are great pre or post-workout snacks! They’re also really easy to make and will have you eating most of the mixture before you even mould them into biscuits.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- Add the dates, cacao, dessicated coconut, oats and flax seeds to a food processor and process until all ingredients are broken into smaller pieces. Add the vanilla and water and continue processing for 2-3 minutes.
- The mixture will probably be more on the wet side so add to a bowl and mix together to form a dough-like consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spoon ten small balls onto the parchment. Push the balls down to form cookie-like shapes – if the mixture is sticking to your hands cover them in coconut oil or water.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the cookies to set.
- Optional: If the cookies are still a little sticky, (i.e. very gluey to touch), bake them in an oven at 200C for five-ten minutes.
- Store in the fridge/freezer and enjoy!