Happy Pancake Week…yes I’m extending the best day of the year and to the whole week, because why not?! I love pancakes and am a big fan of the american ‘Matilda-like’ pancakes, (you know, the thick ones that you can really sink your teeth into). I’ve always loved banana and Nutella on my pancakes and this recipe allows you to combine the bananas to the mixture for that brilliant banana taste. Add the Not-so-naughty Nutella from my previous post and you’ve got yourself a healthy match made in heaven.
All you need (10-12 pancakes):
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (or another flour of your choice)
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for frying
- Cut the bananas into slices and mash them up in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together well.
- Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan and spoon approximately 2 large spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan.
- Fry on each side for approximately 1-2 minutes until the pancakes is cooked through.
- Serve with extra banana slices and the not-so-naughty Nutella or a topping of your liking.