“Good things come to those who bake.”
Yes, like a sandwich layered carrot cake with caramel icing! Why wouldn’t you?
This sponge is light and full of all natural, gluten-free ingredients which will leave you feeling energised and wanting more.. And why not, it’s Easter after all!
To make 1 cake:
For the cake:
- 1 egg
- 2 mugs of gluten free flour
- 1 mug ground almonds
- 1/3 mug raisins
- 250g pineapple
- 1 mug almond milk
- 1/2 mug maple syrup
- 3 carrots
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the frosting:
- 3 large bananas
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, whisked egg and raisins in a bowl and mix together.
- Place the almond milk, maple syrup and pineapple into a blender and blend until smooth. Once smooth pour the mix into the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Peel and grate the carrots and stir the peelings into the mix.
- Grease two cake times with coconut oil or line them with baking paper and pour the mixture in evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Whilst the cake is cooling on a cooling rack, prepare the frosting.
- For the frosting: place everything into a blender with 4 tbsps of water and blend until a smooth creamy mixture forms.
- When the cakes have cooled spoon the frosting between the two cakes and then ice the tops.
- And voila, enjoy!