I’m excited to share with you all the new recipes I have created with Mellow Yellow and their healthy, cold-pressed rapeseed oil! Mellow Yellow is a good, neutral fat that is perfect for cooking, baking, frying and roasting. It is the lowest in saturated fat of all other cooking oils, (half that of olive oil), it is rich in vitamin E, a natural antioxidant, omega 3, omega 6, and is cold-pressed ensuring that the natural goodness and character of the oil is preserved.
First up, gluten-free CHICKEN GOUJONS! Ditch those fatty bargain buckets and curb those nugget craving with a healthy alternative. These goujons are delicious, (if I do say so myself), and are a perfect summer-time snack or part of a main meal – they must be tried!
Gluten-free Chicken Goujons
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 80g almond meal
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Mellow Yellow for baking
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- Mix together the almonds, desiccated coconut, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and sea salt in a bowl.
- Chop the chicken breasts into pieces approximately 1-2” wide.
- Beat the eggs together in a bowl and then dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then coat with the almond/coconut spice mixture.
- Place on a baking tray oiled with mellow yellow.
- Repeat with all chicken pieces and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
I’ve just spent a week on the beautiful Greek island Kefalonia where I got to taste delicious greek cuisine. The tzatziki is a popular traditional greek dip and compliments these tasty gluten-free chicken goujons well.
- 200g greek yoghurt
- 1 large cucumber
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- a dash of mellow yellow
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- a handful of fresh mint
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds to avoid excess water. Grate the cucumber with a grater.
- Combine the yoghurt, cucumber, lemon juice and garlic. Add a dash of mellow yellow, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Chop a handful of mint leaves and mix into the mixture with paprika.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for the flavour to fully develop.