Here we have another yummy recipe made with Farringon’s brilliant Mellow Yellow Rapeseed oil. These scones are perfect for afternoon tea or a delicious snack, and are much healthier than your usual summertime scones.
For the scones:
- 2 cup oat flour (200g)
- 1 cup ground almonds (200g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins (75g)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/3 cup rapeseed oil
- 1 egg whisked
For the Chia Jam:
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- (To make the oat flour) Blend the oats in a blender until they form a flour like substance.
- Add the almonds and blend together.
- Place the oat flour and almonds in a bowl and add the nutmeg, cinnamon, raisins, bicarbonate of soda and lemon and orange zest. Mix the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then add to the dry mix and stir in. Add Mellow Yellow, agave syrup and almond milk to the mixture and stir together.
- Spoon the mixture into scone sized proportions onto a baking tray. Please note the scones do not rise much, so if you would prefer, grease a muffin tray with Mellow Yellow and spoon the mixture into the tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- (To make the jam) Chop the ends off of the strawberries and place in a saucepan with the agave syrup. Turn on the heat and allow to cook for five minutes until the strawberries are soft. Mash the strawberries with a fork until the mixture is smooth. Add the chai seeds and keep cooking on a low heat for a further 20 minutes. Continue to stir the mixture. Remove from the pan and place the jam in a bowl where it will continue to thicken whilst it cools.
- Leave the scones to cool and serve with chai jam and cream or natural yoghurt. In a fridge the jam will also approximately 1 week.