Gluten-free, refined sugar-free and “soooo good”!
These healthy, coconutty bites are great little on-the-run snacks and are so easy to make. Have them for breakfast, a lunch treat or to satisfy that afternoon snack fix. With so little ingredients necessary, you’d be rude not to try them!
All you need:
- 100g coconut butter
- 150g date syrup
- 150g oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Optional (50g): raisins, chopped nuts or cacao nibs
How to whip them up:
- Preheat the oven to 175 C and grease a baking tray with coconut oil.
- On the hob, boil a saucepan of water and melt the coconut butter in a glass bowl until it has fully liquidised.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon and desiccated coconut and then pour in the melted coconut butter and stir together.
- Add the vanilla extract and date syrup and stir until the mixture binds itself together.
- Place the mixture into the lined baking tray and flatten into the corners with a spatula.
- Cut into the top of the mixture with a sharp knife to indent the cut lines.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!